Thursday, December 17, 2009

Big Plans for Big Treehouses












In my grand sceme in life I would like to have kids, and I would like my wife and I to create a handmade childhood for them. I imagine our young ones running around in clothes that their mother has made for them, eating at kitchen table that their father built, and living in a house that is designed and built by both of us.
One thing that I want in a house for my family is a lot of little hidden surprises and unique spaces. Coming from the barren wasteland of western Kansas we did have a lot of trees in the neighborhood, let alone trees big enough to climb. I imagine one day having a family treehouse. Our little activity room in the sky. You link a lot memories in your childhoos with your favorite spots, and it means a lot to me to be a big part of the creation of those spots in my kids' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment